Program Extends Editorial on Glam’s Owned and Operated Sites with Fresh and Exciting Perspectives From The Internet’s Most Prominent Lifestyle Bloggers
BRISBANE, Calif. – June 14, 2013 – Mode Media Corporation. (corp.mode.com), a leading vertical social media company with the largest online global reach in lifestyle, today announced its newly formed Glam Premier Program. The Premier Program was founded to extend Mode Media’s editorial content with fresh and exciting perspectives from some of the Internet’s most prominent lifestyle bloggers, and to collaborate with these voices on programs for brand advertisers. Launching with elite bloggers hand-selected from the more than 4,000 creator sites inside the Glam ecosystem?, Premier Program members will become contributing editors on Glam’s owned and operated sites including Glam.com, Foodie.com, Tend.com, Brash.com and Bliss.com.
“The Glam Premier Program features elite bloggers who are highly influential and sought after, and create top-tier content,” said Jennifer Salant, Senior Vice President, Content Creator Operations & Business Development, Mode Media. “These content creators will bring their unique voices and expert perspectives on the topics they care about most to our audience through initiatives including speaking opportunities, custom video shoots, regular content contributions on our vertical properties and more.”
Mode Media’s Premier Program leads off with creators including:
- AfroBella’s Patrice Grell Yursik (http://www.afrobella.com/)
- Lauren Messiah (http://laurenmessiah.com/)
- Kristin McGee (http://kristinmcgee.com)
- Food52’s Amanda Hesser & Merrill Stubbs (http://food52.com/)
- Hostess with the Mostess’s Jennifer Sbranti (http://www.hwtm.com/)
- Good Enough Mother’s Rene Syler (http://www.goodenoughmother.com/)
- B. Scott (http://lovebscott.com)
- The Awesomer’s Paul Strauss (http://theawesomer.com)
“I’ve been blogging for six years, and I’ve been part of the Glam family for five of them,” said Patrice Grell Yursik, creator, Afrobella.com. “I am so honored to become a Contributing Editor and I’m so proud to bring Afrobella’s flavor to the already awesome beauty, fashion, travel and lifestyle coverage on Glam.com every week.”
“Food52 was started with the purpose of bringing people together and creating a strong community around a shared love of food and cooking,” said Amanda Hesser, Co-Founder, Food52. “Bringing original content to Foodie.com with its inherently social platform will allow us to do this on an even larger scale.”
Mode Media will continue to recruit top bloggers from both inside and outside the Glam community to join the Glam Premier Program across its owned and operated sites. This elite group of expert Contributing Editors will allow Mode Media to bring its brand advertisers professional content that can compliment their product messages and give its consumer readership more of the relevant content they crave.
Brand campaigns have included:
- an Escape to Style hub on Glam.com, with three custom videos featuring Lauren Messiah, one of GLAM’s real-life stylists, on how she escaped the LA lifestyle to New York;
- a beverage campaign that included a content hub on Bliss.com featuring content from Jennifer Sbranti of Hostess With the Mostess, who also acted as the party planner for an offline event in NYC;
- Rene Syler from Good Enough Mother participated in a sponsored program around how to stay connected with friends and family for a communication brand.
About Mode Media
Mode Media was founded in Silicon Valley in 2004 with a simple, yet powerful idea—that people are the most influential filters for discovering and sharing each other’s most passionate interests. We had a pioneering vision that professional digital content could be both as engaging for consumers and as important to brand advertisers as traditional media—and with the right platform, we could create a next generation media company that could bring the emotion of print magazines and the vivid engagement of television to digital consumers. Our mission is to help people create, discover and share content that they love. At our core, we are an innovative technology company that develops products to enrich the lives of hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Today, Mode Media is #1 in Lifestyle globally and a Top 10 Media Property—reaching more than 294 million global monthly unique users, as measured by comScore (March ‘13). Mode Media is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Detroit, Tokyo, Munich, London, Paris, Toronto, Mumbai, Pune and Seoul.
For additional information regarding Mode Media, visit: corp.mode.com.